Monday 18 February 2013

Recycle washing machine drum

Hi everyone, here is a great way to make a raised bed.

Got the idea from Craftygardener.

The hardest part was getting the drum out of the washing machine. I believe it took some brute force!

At first I was going to leave the drum outdoors but as you can see in the next photos, I have taken it into my Greenhouse to use as a strawberry planter.

Strawberry’s planted are Lucy, Elsanty and Honeoye.

DSC03111

Strawberry plants all planted

DSC03117 

Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

  1. It's great to see the tub from the washing machine all planted up Kath. Hope the plants grow well. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats look brilliant kath :O) how much compost did it take to fill ??its looks a bigger now,out of the washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Linda and thank you for the idea.

      Joolz I used one and half bags of compost.

      Delete
  3. Super recycling idea Kath - wish you a good harvest of strawberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Angie buts its Craftygardeners idea I took the idea from Linda.

    But I thought of the strawberries.

    Need sun and heat Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete