Thursday 6 September 2012

Feels like Autumn now

Our summer has been a short season and now we are beginning to feel a nip in the air and the leaves are starting to change colour.

 

For foliage colours I have to say Autumn is my favourite time of year.

 

The Fuchsias are still blooming but have now moved them into the greenhouse.

 

This Fuchsia is called Madeline Sweenie. It is new to me this year and was a cutting from a fuchsia friend. I hope it overwinters.

DSC01432

My Winter tidy in the garden is nearly all done. Below I will share my Autumn leaves with you.

Genii Hardy Fuchsia

DSC01455

This is Orange Dream

DSC01371

 

And now you can see another coat on my Heucheras.

DSC01455

Most are in pots and some in hanging baskets but a few weeks ago I made a new border in my garden with Shanghai, Brass Lantern and some Lavenders and the Genii hardy fuchsia. It is going to be stunning, I hope.

 This is Shanghai

DSC01445

Brass Lantern

DSC01454

I am really pleased how it has turned out.

 

And new to garden this year is a Varigated Buddlia Harlequin.

   DSC01452

DSC01453 

Also new is this  Enkianthus which will be amazing with colour transformation.

 DSC01448

Scotkat

Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

  1. Wow! It's already fall in your garden! We are still having summer temperatures. Our June was cool and wet, but September is lovely. Your fuchsia has such a beautiful flowers! It's one of my favorite plants - almost maintenance free! Have warm and clear rest of September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tatyana ,today was beautiful and hot got a lot done in the garden .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another week has passed and now a real chill in the air and very windy indeed .

    Leaves may not last too long soon shall be falling.

    Brrrrrrrrrr so cold and now dark nights.

    Summer was so short this year.

    ReplyDelete